The Mad Knitter

The mad, mad ramblings of a yarnaholic...

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

So I've been thinking...

Maybe I should get a little more personal and a little less wacky here. SheepGuardingLlama is very personal after all, and since it's my DH's (dear husband's) blog, as well as the first (and only until recently) blog I'd ever read, I feel I should be a good wife and follow his example. So here goes...

BP's oil refinery in Texas City, TX had an explosion today, that at the time of this posting has killed 14 and injured 100+. Why is this personal you may be asking? Well my brother-in-law Bennie works at an oil refinery in Texas City and when Scott first told me about it this afternoon I was asleep and the conversation went something like this:

Scott:
Honey, what's the name of the refinery Bennie works at?
Me:
(sleepily) Umm, I don't remember. Why?
Scott:
Because BP oil refinery in Texas City just blew up.
Me:
(slightly more awake) What? Wait does he work in Texas City?
Scott:
Yes I thought so, doesn't he?
Me:
(Wide awake) Yes!
(Jumping out of bed) Oh my God!*


So I ran to the phone and called my sister and Bennie is fine, he didn't work at that plant, but at one down the street.

So thank you Lord for keeping Bennie safe because even though we like to pretend otherwise, I actually really like Bennie, he's a good man and posseses infinite patience, as shown by his ability/willingness to put up with my extremely neurotic sister.**, ***

*Ok now, since I became a Christian I have very, very rarely used the Lord's name in vain, and I can only attribute that I used it here to the fact that I was momentarily panicked that something may have happened to Bennie and that I had just woken up. It's a good thing that God knows that I didn't mean to swear at Him, sorry about that.

**my husband is perhaps the only other man in the world who can truly empathize with Bennie on this because Scott has a similarly a neurotic wife.

*** I've decided I really like this asterisk thing, thank you Andy The Intern

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home